Saturday, October 17, 2015

Quilt Camp Review - Part I

Sunday - Welcome to Cedar Lakes

Morning Fog on Cedar Lake
I was greeted at the Administration Building where I picked up my credentials and gift bag.

Gift Bag
In addition to the Camper's Handbook we received a nifty screw driver/flashlight combo, measuring tape, and a cute pin that says Rippity doo dah!

I had time to organize my classroom before the evening welcome festivities.  I was assigned a space in the Craft House that usually serves as the cooking classroom for Future Homemakers.

Kitchen Classroom

Other than a little lot of noise from the freezers, the room was spacious and served us well.  After dinner we reported to Assembly Hall to be welcomed by our host/organizer, Peg Bingham.

Peg at the Lectern
Eight vendors lined the outside walls of the assembly room, offering everything from fabric to patterns, to notions.



After Peg welcomed the 200+ campers, a parade of quilts from home followed.  Most people showed completed projects from last year's classes, including Peggy who showed her finished Wink & a Smile from my 2014 class.

Peggy's Wink & a Smile
See how Peggy's sashing changes the look from the pattern!

Wink & a Smile pattern (Nancy's version)
Returning to Cedar Lakes is like coming home with hugs from old friends and nervous smiles from new campers.  I had two terrific classes with such pleasant and accomplished students.  More reviews to follow.

2 comments:

  1. Libby do you know where I may purchase the "Wink and a Smile quilt pattern? I have looked high and low and have found nothing!
    Thanks, Sondra
    shrink08@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.