Monday, December 14, 2015

Design Wall Monday

What's not there

The Postman safely delivered Cardinals Rule to its intended recipient, my sister-in-law.

Cardinals Rule hanging in entry hall
Yes, I know it was intended for her mountain cabin, but it will hang in her home's entryway till she goes back up after the holidays. It was hard for her to get a good photo; I'm just pleased she went right out and got a rod to hang it!

It definitely completes her holiday setting.

View from the dining room
Guess what? Now she's wanting something for Spring! Any ideas?  It has to be narrow to fit between the great room windows in the log cabin.  When she and her friends built the cabin several years ago, I made an original design bargello in fall colors to represent the mountains around the cabin.  If I play it right I can make something that will go from spring through summer. I'm thinking that with some color changes, "Come Fly With Me" might fit the bill ...

"Come Fly With Me"
.. just sayin' ... The geese can be interpreted as mountains ...

Looks like geese have been the game of choice lately! Geese on the Move (a/k/a Geese Migration) took a back seat last week; I'll try to get back on track with my one-a-day plan this week.

Geese on the Move
Geese Migration is a Cynthia Brunz design so I'll be Linking up with Oh Scrap.

5 comments:

  1. I'd say "Come Fly With Me" is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing more Geese on the Move blocks. These are so pretty. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your "Come Fly With Me" banner, and I think it would look great in sprint/summer colors for your SIL's cabin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so funny!! I did a rooster piece for my sister and she said the same thing -- "I want a spring one, now!" LOL! I did a dogwood one! Your cardinal piece is beautiful -- I know she'll love it for years to come! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd guess that your SIL really likes her new wall hanging.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.