The second clue of Bonnie's mystery -- you know, the one I'm *not* doing -- was revealed on Friday. Even though triangle-in-a-square blocks are my least favorite, this clue made me happy because:
1) I found the perfect magenta fabric in my stash!
2) I was able to make the units at 4-1/2" to match my erroneous 4-patches without doing any higher math calculations!
And 3) Even at half the number, the larger unit size will yield a nice size quilt.
So far, so good. Forty-eight TiS units done; waiting to see how they will be used before making more.
Hop over to Quiltville's Quips and Snips to check on others' progress.
In between I squeezed in some small flying geese as leaders/enders.
|The beginning of Dutchman's Puzzle|
This morning I went in a totally different direction, working on a Secret Santa project.
No, it's not a placemat. It is going to be ...
... an iron tote!!! Once I worked through the geometry of the stitching/fold lines, it was a lot easier than I thought it would be. Now on to the binding, handles, and buttons.