Thursday, September 5, 2019

Blogging Slump

I guess it happens to all of us every once in a while.  I think things have been happening so fast lately -- trips here and there, meetings, retreats -- that I can't keep up.

So just a quick recap ...

S'mores retreat in August - So nice to see old friends and a couple of new ones.  I reported on all my mishaps that resulted in still-UFOs.  I did finish a pillow ...


... and two flimsies.

S-F-W-S table topper

Psychedelic 4-Patch Posey
With just a few days to catch up at home and pack, we headed to Upstate NY for Grandson-1's wedding.  The festivities took place at Oz Farm in Saugerties, NY ...


... starting with a welcome dinner and barn dance on Saturday ...

Interesting interpretation of "barn dance"
... that went on to the wee smalls of the morning.  Lawn games and cocktails in the round tent on Sunday afternoon ...

Bride holding forth at the craft table
... followed by vows in the circus tent ...


... and dinner served family style.


The bride had knit tiny caricatures, personally selected for EACH person attending.  Mine was a sewing machine.

Needing to get an early start Monday morning, we left the festivities before the dancing began in the barn again.

Now I have a few days to catch up on laundry before the next outing which SHOULD be a lot more relaxed.


6 comments:

  1. You've definitely had a busy time recently, Libby! The wedding looked fabulous, and I love the knitted sewing machine. That is really special (and amazing!) that the bride took the time to do that for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've certainly been a blur lately!! Hoping you land soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You continue to do great sewing, Libby. But I can't get over the bride knitting something for each person at the wedding...what a sweet gesture. Enjoy all the events, each memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Catch your breath -- we'll be happy to see you again when you're ready :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness a LOT going on!! Sit back take a breath - and then Blog all about it!! so we can live thru your fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa, there's a talented bride for you! I wonder how long it took her. It looked like a number of people attended! It was an unusual venue, but it looked like a lot of fun. A wedding should be fun! As Mama said, "Begin as you mean to go on."

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.