Saturday, September 14, 2019

Wild and Wonderful

West Virginia!

I love the Allegheny Mountains!  We are staying at The Homestead in Hot Springs, VA (ca 1766) and driving to The Greenbrier in White Sulphur Springs, WV every day to experience the PGA golf tournament.

I love the mountains, but the driving is something else!  Our drive up from Roanoke looked like this:


I swear I could hear banjos!  Only till we got to the other end of the county road with no shoulders did we see the sign "GPS routing not advised"!

Our drive down the mountain each day is considerably better.


At least it's a US highway with wide shoulders and banked curves!

The Greenbrier is always decked out to the nines for tournament time.

Below the first tee
Wouldn't these colors make a beautiful quilt?


Speaking of quilts, hoping to make it to the local shop today!

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like fun! It looks beautiful there, if a bit windy. Are you enjoying watching some good golf?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful excursion! Haha, that sounds exactly like the road to Big Bear: only two lanes, hairpin turns, no shoulders. Were you able to see the full moon? It was beautiful here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The place to stay sounds like a star attraction, with the golf as a side issue. =) I loved the bridge photos, too. Out west, we'd call it a hole in the wall. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.