Sunday, September 15, 2019

Sunday in VA

But let me review, first ...


I DID make it to the quilt shop yesterday!  Sew Many Quilts in Covington, VA.  About 1 mile off I-64 at Exit 14.  What a sweet shop!  It goes on like a Russian war novel, with separately themed rooms, over 3,000 bolts stacked everywhere, and Norman the cat to greet you.  I was looking for some variety in my WOWs and came home with five half-yard pieces.  I didn't bother to get a pic because they don't photograph very well.

We had dinner in the dining room last night (rather than Food Lion salads we've been eating other nights) and while the entrees were delicious, the Classic Gold Brick for dessert was OTW.

Classic Gold Brick - The Homestead dining room
Bourbon Chocolate Sponge, Homestead Chocolate Gold Brick Sauce, Candied Pecans complete with gold baubles on the top!


Holy Cow, it was delicious!  It made walking those 4 miles yesterday worth it!

We decided to skip the tournament today and do a little adventuring in Virginia.  So off to Natural Bridge we went.

The approach to Natural Bridge, VA
 It's amazing to realize that the little bubbling stream at the base was responsible for carving this opening through a mountainside!  Do you see the tiny people walking along the pathway?

The sun illuminating the arch from the other side shows the variations in color deposited by the river.

Natural Bridge, VA
Only 2.1 miles clocked today, so I guess I need to skip dessert!  Sigh.



3 comments:

  1. I haven't been to that quilt shop yet, but it's on my list. The Greenbrier is a sight to behold. How wonderful that you are getting to see some of the beautiful sites in Virginia. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, yummy, then beautiful! Sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.