Thursday, February 18, 2021

SAH Retreat - Day 3

I basically took  a retreat from my stay-at-home retreat.  I slept late, then spent a lot of time on the computer.  Since we had sunshine for the first time in weeks, I accompanied my husband (and half the community) to the grocery in the afternoon to lay in supplies before the next snow which hit overnight.

Enough, already!

I did spend a little time in the sewing room, though, and managed to get the center of the baby quilt together ...

... and auditioned fabrics for the triple inner border.

I have decided to reverse the order and put the green next to the center.  

Then I began another new project using my stash of 6-inch (finished) neutral string squares.

I intended to make all the blocks in X formation, but made a mistake on the first block and made an O.  After considering doing a mix of both (Hugs and Kisses), I decided to make them all Xs.  The sashing colors are pulled from the border fabric.  As of this writing, all the squares are in sashed pairs (I woke at 4 and couldn't get back to sleep); maybe the blocks will be finished by dinner time!


4 comments:

  1. Sometimes we just need a break from sewing. I do really love your project though! Stay warm and safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're making a quilt with Orphan Blocks, is it still a NEW project??? :o))

    ReplyDelete
  3. The color combo for the border is really pretty. Will make that quilt pop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to laugh as I read your last few posts. This is my last day of my Staycation. I also was suppose to go on a quilt retreat at a friends house in Morristown TN. Since I had to go over the mountain (coming from SC) and we had that winter storm coming we cancelled. I am getting alot done on my own. Since it was all planned. The mountains got the snow and ice and we got the rain. But like all good South Carolinians we emptied the stores of milk and bread and hoped for some snow.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.