Monday, February 8, 2021

Snowy Sunday

 And Monday Musings

Some parts of our county got 5 inches; looks like maybe we got 3.  Heavy and wet.  

I spent my snowy Sunday playing with orphan blocks.  

Looks like there may be a few more UFOs in my future!

Starting on the upper left ... two hand pieced blocks circa 2000 (no photo).

Next, remnants from Bonnie Hunter's Cathedral Stars ...

I really like the secondary pattern.  I have plenty of the HST fabric and will make the 4Ps as L/Es.

I have no idea where the next piece originated.  I plan to make it into a 3-block table runner.

To the right of that is a collection of HSTs, mostly repro 19th century fabrics.


I'll be looking for ideas.  Next to those is a collection of leaf blocks.


Looks like I started something, but I have no clue where I was going with these.
Near the bottom right are two blocks I made based on a ceiling design in a cruise ship nightclub.


I have since found a third block so another table runner it will be!

That should keep me out of trouble for a while ...


7 comments:

  1. You do have an interesting collection of orphans!
    (Don't stay out of trouble for too long - what fun would that be?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the best UFOs! I really like the Cathedral Stars blocks - I'd like to try those blocks. I'm glad you're finding ways to move them on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we will probably end up with ice sometime this week and not the snow - would rather it was the snow. Interesting collection of blocks

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun collection of blocks! I really like the leaves and hope you remember what you were making with those. Although, if you don't, I know you'll come up with something wonderful. Snow days are the best for sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Orphan Blocks and look forward to see how you finish these up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice array of blocks. Have fun arranging and rearranging them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty snowy scene photo! Lovely blocks, orphan or not. I find whenever I check out how to use up orphan blocks, folks put together blocks with the same colour/fabrics in them, not truly orphan blocks, if you know what I mean. But a table runner, table cloth even, mug rug, etc. or use your favourites as a beginning of a new quilt. Just thinking out loud here.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.