Wednesday, July 13, 2022

A Bad Case of Start-itis

I don't know what's come over me. Since June 9 I have started four new projects.  And the more amazing thing is I have kept at them!

All of the Zinnias are made and have been carefully arranged (and re-arranged) on the design wall.

The first two columns have been stitched together and removed to make room for that project on the left.  It is Tuscan Vineyard (Happy Stash Quilts/Marcia Harmening).  

Since I am not a fan of applique in large doses, I have substituted a strippy fabric that I've had in my stash for quite a while.  I had previously selected a variety of scraps to use for 9Ps or something simple with the strippy fabric, but I fell hard for those crosses.  I'm still trying to decide how I will arrange the cross blocks as they are a mixture of fabrics. 

It will have the "look" of Christmas without being "in your face" obviously Christmas.

I started and finished a small top while at retreat (Peaceful Retreat), and I have started another Log Cabin Star table topper to use as step-outs in a class I will be teaching at Quilt Camp at Cedar Lakes in October.  I did a dry run with my Devo and Sew friends on Tuesday and I was impressed with how well they did.  More on that in the next post.

4 comments:

  1. Two pretty projects! I especially love Zinnias, and can see why you just had to make it. I like quilts that don't scream Christmas, too - and this one looks like the perfect place for the stripey fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sometimes it seems like new projects just call to us no matter if we are busy or not - I'm trying hard not to start new ones this year

    ReplyDelete
  3. The zinnia blocks are so pretty all together! Love the strippy addition to Tuscan Vineyard. It's going to make a lovely Christmas quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely all, Libby. I too like that strippy addition and the way it is seasonal without the obvious Christmas themes. I wonder if Zinnias is something I could mange.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.