Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Sew Day

What does one who is already packed and ready do when Sew Day has been cancelled?  I sewed anyway, wouldn't you?

Yesterday I was planning to continue cutting and kitting up blocks for a couple of baby quilts that will be donated to the pregnancy center in town.  So that's what I worked on -- at home.   And, yes, I've started yet another new project. 

When I was in Jonesborough at the end of last month I found this darling border print on the sale table at Tennessee Quilts.

I have cut it into strips and plan to use it as an alternate row to a row of pieced blocks.  I chose Grandmother's Choice II (from Judy Hopkins' 501 Rotary-Cut Quilt Blocks) in a 6-inch size for my blocks.  

I'm using a variety of solids to go with the multi-color polka dots.  My plan is to alternate solid outside triangles with the dotted background triangles when the blocks are placed together.  

I was really looking forward to going to Devo and Sew yesterday so that I could show you the progress made in my Log Cabin Star class two weeks ago.  I was thrilled with how well everyone did in the class and I've seen pictures of two finished projects already!  I'm going to miss the next couple of sew days so I'm hoping pictures will come my way (that's a hint to the gals who read my blog ...)

2 comments:

  1. That is definitely an adorable print, Libby! It will make a cute quilt, especially with the blocks you're adding. Lucky new mom who be the recipient of it for her baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be such a fun baby quilt. I love the border fabric.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.