Friday, July 22, 2022

Favorite Kitchen Tool

Several bloggers have responded to Leeanna's  I Like Thursday prompt: kitchen tool that does what it's paid for.  Which prompted me to mention MY favorite tool that I didn't have to pay for ...

... my grandmother's kitchen fork.  The tines are fine enough to test for doneness, yet they are strong enough to turn a large chunk of meat in the skillet without releasing the good juices.  One of my sons refuses to use it because he says it's rusty.  It's just the patina, I say.


4 comments:

  1. That looks like an oldie but a goodie! There's something just priceless about continuing to use something special all these years that your grandmother gave you - makes you feel connected to her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a couple of those that were thank you gifts from companies at Christmas time back in the 1960s. They are great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this story! LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.