Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Slow Week and SAHRR

Not much happening on the quilting front as I have been experiencing vertigo since returning from Rock Island last week.  In fact, I had a couple of brief episodes while there that I attributed to the low beds (we were in the "handicap" cabin).  Anyway, I go for therapy tomorrow and I hope that gives me a bit of relief.

So I've been catching up on blogs and see that Quilting Gail is hosting another Stay at Home Round Robin this year.  I believe this challenge was first issued in 2021 when most of us were hibernating at home in order to stay free of Covid.  I never finished my project from that year and decided not to participate in 2022.  This year I'm going to give it another try so I have selected an orphan block to be my center starting point. 

Last week I was thinking this would just be a little table mat, but I have run across some more sunflower fabrics that might work so I'm going to give the SaHRR a go.  (In full disclosure, I did not make the sunflower block.  It was an exchange block from one of my quilt cruises and I don't remember who made it.  If it's yours, please let me know.)

12 comments:

  1. sorry you are needing therapy - if a problem doesn't clear up soon with one of my shoulder blades I will be requesting therapy as well. Pretty block whoever made it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better soon Libby! Love the idea for the SAHRR! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you got some relief from therapy and are feeling much better. Looking forward to seeing your SAHRR come together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear about the vertigo, Libby - hope it eases up soon! That looks like the perfect center block for a SAHRR quilt. It's a great way to use up an orphan block!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Drink more water. Many cases of vertigo are simply dehyrdation caused rather than inner-ear issues.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Libby! What a pretty block. A quilting cruise! That sounds fun. I've wanted to try one sometime. Did you enjoy it? Thanks so much for giving the SAHRR another shot. I look forward to seeing where the prompts take you and your project. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your sunflowers! Looking forward to progressing together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry about the vertigo, hope it improves with therapy. I love your starting block, no matter who made it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry about the vertigo. Hopefully it will resolve with therapy. Your block will make a great center for a round robin. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful block! Happy to hear you're going to do the SAHRR again!!! Thank you for joining us and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both of those projects are going to be SEW lovely, Libby!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.