Saturday, June 10, 2023

A Busy Week

 Whew!  Finally a chance to breathe and catch up.  

I had a committee meeting on Monday afternoon that involved quite a bit of prep work in the morning.  Tuesday included a trip to Nashville for our afternoon dental checkups.  DH had the great idea to put dinner in the Crockpot so that it was ready after the 2-hour trip home.  It was so nice to come home to sweet and sour chicken ready to serve.

If you are a loyal reader, you know the fate of the Crockpot.  😢  I immediately ordered a new one.  And when I realized I have a 6-quart Insta-Pot that can function as a slow cooker, I opted to get a 2-1/2 quart replacement.

A  perfect size for just the two of us.  It came in a package with liners and a cookbook.  

Can't wait to give it a try.  I'm going to cook a brisket next week and doing it in the pot will save heating up the kitchen for 6 hours.

Wednesday was spent shopping and prepping for the arrival of my friends.  Thursday the girls and I went to Pigeon Forge for Mountain Quiltfest.  

Friday, after the girls left, I washed and petted all my new fabric purchases.  I had splurged on a lot of light background fabrics that I have already paired with fabrics on my shelves.

I also got 2 yards of this fun black and bright print ...

... along with some fat quarters that I hope will work with it.

Now I just need a pattern.  Any ideas?


6 comments:

  1. I like that crockpot. I'm not sure what size mine is, I've had it for ages - I like the lid lock on yours. Cool fabric

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to learn to use our Instapot, it is a lot cooler to use in the summer. You brought home some fun fabrics. Looking forward to seeing what you decide to do with the brights and that black print.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crockpot cooking for 2 sounds like a good idea! I love just about meal from a crockpot. Sounds like you had a great week - I like your new fabric purchases. It will be fun to see what you do with the pretty brights!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crockpot cooking to keep the kitchen from heating up - Yes!
    I really like your new fabrics. LV backgrounds are always helpful. I love your black + bright print and its friends - can't wait to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love my slow cooker but maybe I need a crockpot too. Lovely fabrics all. It's been ages since I went to a quilt store. Missing that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun fabric purchases, Libby! I thought of you and the girls heading to Pigeon Forge. What a lovely time I had when I met you all there! How many years ago?! :o))

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.