Tuesday, June 20, 2023

I Love a Challenge

 Well, maybe it isn't exactly a challenge,  But I DID challenge MYSELF to come through for my blog friend, Cynthia, at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework.  

In case you've missed it, Cynthia holds a block drive a couple times each year.  She assembles the blocks into compassion quilts which she distributes in her area of Oregon.  In her current block drive she has requested Color Stix, a pattern available on her website.

In a little over one week I have assembled 58 blocks for Cynthia ...

... made a small happy quilt for myself ...'

... and started a "manly" quilt for our Devo and Sew comfort quilts ...

Check out Cynthia's blog to see the specifics.  The blocks are very easy to make and a bit addictive -- just sayin' ...

10 comments:

  1. You are amazing! I can see why those blocks would be addictive. Your quilt top is definitely a happy one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I love these blocks! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your blocks look great! I love the blocks for the manly quilt you are making for your Devo and Sew group. Please tell Jane I said hello!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your happy quilt is so pretty, and I love those fabrics on the manly quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made some fun blocks! What a great way to use up some odds and ends strips.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I received your blocks yesterday and they are perfect! In fact, I started putting them into quilt tops already. I love the two you are making. It is a really versatile block - Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, the neutral version -- wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is quite the accomplishment, Libby. How wonderful to have these beautiful blocks sewn and generously donate them too. They will be very much appreciated I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What a great block for a quick, simple, BEAUTIFUL quilt! I love it in the neutral colors ... we get a lot of floral, or kid-like quilts donated to our guild's Comfy Quilts program, but not a lot for men. I may have to borrow your design (with permission)! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.