Saturday, December 30, 2023

Five Pounds!!!

That's what a week of Christmas celebrations will add to you.

We actually had a wonderful holiday with our family in Arkansas.  


Lots of games, including a hotly-contested Ticket to Ride Old West.


I didn't win 😒 but it's always fun to play with our competitive crowd.  We played Uzzle, too.  A lot more challenging than I expected it to be.  Definitely challenges one's spatial observations.

Gifts included art projects from the 2.5-YO great-grand.


And DH gave me travel books to enhance a quilt cruise we're taking later next year.  I'm sure you'll be hearing more about that later.

A brisk hike at Petit Jean State Park on the day after did very little to help me take off pounds, but was fun.



Just a side note:  I think DH and I have worked out the computer/cloud problems and I hope to be posting on a more regular basis next year.


Happy New Year 🎉

8 comments:

  1. love that park - been there dozens of times over the years but sure has been awhile since we have been there this time - I think they put in a new visitors center and remember seeing it but not sure when that was

    ReplyDelete
  2. A hike in that park sounds fun! Glad you had a great Christmas. We have put on those same 5 pounds. :( Later today we will have a NYE party for the 2 of us, but I'm going to tone it down on the appetizers! Happy new year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year dear Libby! Looks like a wonderful holiday! I wouldn't sweat the 5 lbs, you look wonderful! Have a safe and happy holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lot of presents under that tree! I'm so glad you enjoyed the time in Arkansas. TTR is fun - we haven't invested in any of the different versions, but our kids have liked the basic one so far. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a very fun holiday. Hopefully you've got the computer issues resolved, those are maddening sometimes. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a get away at Christmas -- fun times! Happy 2024!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.