Twenty-five pinwheels: Done!
One hundred HSTs: Done!
Clue 3: Done!
Wish I could say the same for Clue 2, but more on that later.
This is what happens when trying to use up scraps.
First I had some 2-1/2" strips. I started using the Easy Angle (upper left) but was getting way too much waste when it occurred to me that I could just cut the strips into 2-1/2" squares and again on the diagonal (bottom two). I also had some 2" strips which required using Easy Angle (upper right). Never fear, it works out in the end.
Back to Clue 2. I took my cut pieces with me to retreat last week, but my travel machine (Janome 760) doesn't seem to like sewing on the bias and I was getting really wonky units. So I decided to put those aside to sew at home on my Pfaff with dual feed.
One trick I have learned on any machine is to stitch sew-n-flip units from the side rather than starting at the point to avoid having the machine "eat" the points.
The second thing I tried today was to press the newly added pieces up (or down)
before I trimmed the excess. The result was a much straighter unit.
Hoping to get the remainder of these done before Clue 4 is revealed on Friday. Then I'll be caught up.
Linking up with Bonnie at Quiltville.