Tuesday, March 1, 2016

OMG - Another Month ...

Another Goal

Heidi at Red Letter Quilts issued a challenge at the beginning of the year to limit oneself to just
One Monthly Goal (OMG) and then report at the end of the month.
 
My Goal for March:

Finish Summer Heat


Summer Heat
I got lucky, again! My plan is to link my One Monthly Goal with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2016 by choosing a UFO that uses the RSC color(s) of the month. And look what I found!!

Purple with yellow
This month's RSC color is purple with yellow as the accent!

Inspiration Fabric
Summer Heat was started in a class with Nancy Mahoney at Mountain QuiltFest a few years back. I had often admired Nancy's patterns when they appeared in magazines so I was looking forward to studying at her knee. I will simply say I was disappointed and the project came to a stall soon thereafter. I finally finished up the units at a retreat last August so all that is left is to put the pieces/parts together.

So even though I have a few threads to tie up my January and February goals, I think this goal is truly reachable within the time frame.

Baby Blocks
But first I have to quilt a baby quilt for the church youth auction next Sunday.... More on that later.





6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finding a UFO that works for the RSC as well as the OMG. However I am very curious why you were disappointed. Your baby quilt will be a hit at the church auction.
    Marlene
    marlene@coveredinstitches

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two goals with one quilt... that's the way to go! Those blocks are so cool. Your inspiration fabric is great! Love, love, love your baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You lucky girl!!! My UFO is not even close to those colors - it's a Christmas wall hanging. I took a class from Nancy last year, made one block, and put the fabrics back in my stash a few months ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that a paper-pieced block? Nice pointy bits!
    Happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky you. Maybe you should make it official and coordinate the rest of the RSC months with the coordinator. :)

    Your blocks are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a bummer when you don't learn what you'd expected in a class. Is the Summer Heat a one-block quilt, or will you make more? (Looks like a challenging block to me. Maybe the center of a medallion quilt?)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.