Saturday, February 25, 2017

OMG - February

How did I do?

My One Monthly Goal for February was to assemble a quilt top from bright orphan blocks.  I'm pleased to report that I finished the top this past Monday when I added the borders.

Spare Parts
I wrote about my process and progress here and here.

It was challenging, yet fun, and I'm really pleased with the final result.  It finished at 45" x 56" and used up over 35 orphan blocks.

Also on Monday I wrapped up the last unfinished item of my January OMG -- putting borders on Holiday Frost.

Holiday Frost
This one was inspired by a quilt in M'Liss Rae Hawley's book, Fat Quarter Quilts.  I can't give you the finished size because I have already handed it off to a friend who offered to quilt it for me in exchange for some fabric I passed on to her several months ago. Win-win!

I am dutifully reporting in with Patty D at Elm Street Quilts.




7 comments:

  1. You did Good Libby. I like both of your finishes. It inspires me to try doing something similar and putting a bunch of my orphan blocks into a top. I use a few now and then on the back of piecing a backing, but that doesn't use them up very quickly. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful quilt top! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I really like how it looks so balanced and at the same time asymmetrical.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The turquoise/green sashing really sets off those orphan blocks. Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Libby, your orphan block quilt is wonderful! Full of fun, bright and happy fabrics. I love the border with your blocks. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of these look so appealing. Your setting of the orphan blocks is inspirational. Congratulations on finishing your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your two finishes! Such different patterns. Sunny and fun then merry and bright.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.