Monday, July 22, 2019

As If ...

... I should start something new

I'll blame it on Kate at Life in Pieces.  I'm going to try my hand at the Mosaic Mystery hosted by Cheryl at Meadow Mist Designs.

Unlike some other mysteries in blogland that have you racing to keep up, Cheryl's clues appear only once a month and extend over an 8-month period.  I think I can manage that!

The fabric requirements were announced on July 4 -- 3 fabrics and a background.  Since I am determined to use my stash, my choice had to revolve around the only background-worthy fabric that I have 3.25 yards of.  I came up with two possible scenarios -- one bright and lively, and one sophisticated and subdued.  Hoping that this might be something that would appeal to GS-1 and his soon-to-be bride, I have opted to go sophisticated.  DON'T EVEN THINK IT!  (That Libby doesn't know how to be sophisticated.)


The white is the background.  The floral fabric at the bottom will be the border.  I used it to guide my other choices.  I may have to rethink the squiggly line piece as I'm not sure it has enough contrast with the background.

Worst case scenario, I might find a replacement at Tennessee Quilts 20% off sale later this week!


9 comments:

  1. That squiggly line fabric might be a good choice for an inner border, if it doesn't have enough contrast for the blocks. Good luck with the quilt! I think using a Mystery for a jumping off point for the wedding quilt is smart thinking, Libby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck - I have to refrain from doing any more quilt alongs - I'm doing too much as it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh, I definitely like the sophisticated palette. Can't wait to see this progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooo - gotta watch out for those 20% off sales. Danger ahead! (But the very best kind of danger)
    Your quilt is going to be gorgeous - and fun to watch you make!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a pretty combination! I look forward to seeing this quilt progress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can do it!!! It will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, one more project can't hurt :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like where this one is going....

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a sophisticated, elegant looking pile of fabrics so I'm sure it will be a sophisticated quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.