Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Wildlife Wednesday

But first ...

Monday Morning Sunrise
We have had so many foggy mornings on the lake lately, 
I was overjoyed to wake to another gorgeous sunrise Monday morning. 
The lake was so still that morning, the colors are perfectly reflected in the water.

When I stepped out on the deck to photograph the sunrise, this little creature was in my way.


I have no idea what it is.  Just glad it didn't try to hop up on me!
Edited:  Nann was right; it's a Katydid!

And one lonely duck lounging at the spa.


This duck frequently comes by itself and naps on the warm rocks in the afternoon.


5 comments:

  1. Your sunrises are just gorgeous. Interesting creature. I've never seen one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katydid? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tettigoniidae

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful sunrise! You've really got a great view! I love all kinds of creatures, except bugs - I wouldn't want him jumping up on me either...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved looking at both those projects in your last post. Both amazing.
    Also amazing is your lake view. Something so captivating about water. I've never seen a katydid but read about them. Always liked the name. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous sunrise! Hopefully it hasn't been sweltering out your way yet.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.