Thursday, December 31, 2020

Libby's List of 12 in '21

Last year the S'mores were challenged to finish 20 projects in 2020.  This year we are going to work from a list of 12 projects with a number chosen at random each month.  While the goal should be to finish that project, my goal will be simply to move that project along toward completion.

So, here's my list:


I committed to make new green paraments for the church so that project needs to be finished by January 19.

Weaver Fever just needs a border  Easy peasy. 

For Wink & a Smile I plan to just finish what has been cut so it may end up a baby quilt or a lap quilt.  

Rhapsody has not been started, but it has been completely cut since February 2019.  It's a kit from Connecting Threads (I think) but I don't recall what size it should be.  Bright solids on a black background -- too pretty not to finish.

Granny's Stars was started in a class a couple of summers ago.  My plan is to finish what has been cut and call'erdun.

Barn Dance is a collection of different sized churn dashes that I started with leftover pieces from Long Time Gone (#11).  At this point there is no telling whether it will be a small quilt or a utility item.

Shadow of the Bear is another class start from a few years back.  The shadow blocks are done; I still need to make the log cabin blocks if I choose to follow the pattern.  But I could always add other alternate blocks and make a smaller quilt ... hmm ...

Tumbling Triangles is partially cut.  When that number is called I may be inspired to make the whole quilt, but I'm thinking it will probably become a table runner.

Glorified 9-Patch is yet another unfinished class project!  It's all cut; I just need to master the curved piecing.

Harriett's Legacy has shown up at the last two retreats.  It is a medallion style in 19th century repro prints so when I finish the next round of blocks I'll consider it done.

New Diehl Project - I've been collecting Kim Diehl/Henry Glass fabrics and want to put them into something but haven't chosen the pattern/project yet.

Long Time Gone is a Jen Kingwell design from a few years back.  I'm doing it in B/W/brights.  Major portions of it are done and I'll figure out a way to put them into some semblance of a small quilt.

Rainbow Radiance was started in a class with Donna Lynn Thomas.  It uses her special ruler which I don't remember how it works so this one may get scratched.  I'm sure I can find something to replace it!

So now that I've made my list public, youall can hold my feet to the fire!

2 comments:

  1. There will be some beautiful projects being worked on in your studio in 2021. Looking forward to seeing your progress! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with this year's list. Moving projects along is a realistic goal. Some projects just have too much to do for you to get them completely done in one month.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.