Saturday, January 2, 2021

Pretty in Pink - Rainbow Scrap Challenge

 Angela at So Scrappy announced the January Rainbow Scrap Challenge color -- PINK!!

How fortunate for me as I have been elbow-deep in pink (and green) for several weeks, inspired by a quilt I had seen at Doodlebugs and Rosebuds.

I started stitching it all together today.  It will be a sweet baby quilt for some little one somewhere.

Then, inspired by Angela I started a collection of Sister's Choice blocks.  Since I didn't have her blog in front of me at the time, I used a block from one of my books.


But why stop there!  Just to add to the RSC fun, Angela is hosting a sew-along she's calling Full Stop.  So here's my first Hashtag block in pink with several more cut to be used as leaders/enders.

Then I whipped up a Square Dance block to add to the three I had made in 2020 before the doldrums set in.


Linking up at Scrap Happy Saturday.

8 comments:

  1. Oooh I do love your hashtag block--so pretty!! I went with solids and WOW as background...I will have to root around my scraps to find some pinks--not a big part of my stash...nice blocks you've chosen to work on...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that pink and green quilt fun?! I love your other blocks, too. It does look like you've been having fun in your sewing room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are great quilt blocks - I am making two RSC and actually thinking o a 3rd - I will see how that decision goes when I get some background fabric for that maybe 3rd quilt

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, LOVE that pink and green quilt pattern. I wasn’t able to find it on her blog, though (what year did she do it?). Your hashtag block is awesome ... I’m still thinking about doing that punctuation quilt. Great RSC start, Libby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Libby, your pink and green blocks are beautiful! This color way is so much nicer than the scrappy colorway I made. Love it! The other pink blocks are so pretty, too. You will have some beautiful quilts at the end of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great blocks! I especially like your Sister's Choice block. That background print is perfect for A RSC project. I love the pink and green project inspired by Ramona. Does it have a name?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your pink and green quilt in progress. It is one of my favorite color combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely pink blocks Libby. So happy that RSC is starting a new year.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.