Monday, September 18, 2023

More Retreat

So, I've figured out a way to get pictures for the blog -- I email them to myself from the phone, then save to my desktop where I can retrieve them for posting.

As I said before, this year's LAB retreat focused on a Cindy Williams original design called Lollapalooza.  And it was just that!  Cindy is a great teacher and fun to study with.  

We learned to use a ruler designed by Robin Ruth to make the construction of compass points with strip piecing.  Yes, I know, that sounds impossible, but it works!  However, word of warning:  the ruler is NOT intuitive!  The accompanying book is required.

Look at the wonderful work our group of retreaters did in 3.5 days:

I'm the one on the left end who looks like she's naked down below.  Here's a closeup of what I accomplished.

I'm not sure where I'll go from here.  I was so impressed with what others did with their lone stars that I'm regretting not doing the whole project.  But I don't have enough fabrics in my stash in those particular colors so I may need to go shopping.




7 comments:

  1. Looks like there were multiple designs you could try - yours is pretty with the blue and orange together, Libby. It will be fun to see what you do with this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The compasses are all beautiful! I like them with the lone star setting, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cracked up at "naked down below" - LOL! Love all those compasses, especially yours - love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are definitely some "wow" projects. Yours turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, beautiful! Pretty impressive for just 3 days. I love your colors. Go shopping if you need to - it's only fabric, and it'll feel good to finish the project the way you want to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved seeing you there Libby and what a beautiful project you completed. Those compasses can be so tricky to stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks as though a good, and productive, time was had by all. Now I need to look up Robin Ruth....

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.