Yesterday I put the final paper-pieced corner on this little beauty. I bought the panel at Back Porch Fabrics in Pacific Grove, CA in early February.
I don't remember if I got the pattern at the same time (and at this point I can't even find the pattern to provide proper credit). Later in February I picked up the cream and green grunge at Whittle's. And quickly put the borders and first corner on ... then it sat until yesterday. I have picked a pretty floral for the back and plan to get it quilted before the end of the year.
This morning I woke with a foot cramp a little before 5 so I decided to go ahead and get up. Once the coffee was ready, I headed downstairs to finish the last 8 snails' trail blocks.
They didn't go down easy, though. I was cruising along, pinning in my free time in front of the TV, and the last four had the third round TOTALLY wrong. Wish I had taken a picture. So it was rip and re-sew before I could get to the final round of triangles. Believe me, I was very cautious about what I was doing from there on. The snails are going back into timeout until a November retreat when I will have the pattern to show me what to do next.
With nothing major on my calendar today, I decided to move another project closer to the finish line. I started Judy Neimeyer's Summer Solstice in 2018. I made the 8 New York Beauty blocks in the class, but balked at doing the Lone Star with paper piecing. I used strip piecing, instead and used class time at the recent LAB retreat to get that much done.
Today I focused on the borders that will square this piece out to 58" square. I had the great idea that strip piecing would also work, but figuring out the details made my head hurt. Time for a glass of wine!