... it's about time
I'm finally putting fingers to keyboard while thinking about quilting plans for 2016.
- My first goal is to only set monthly goals -- eat the elephant one bite at a time, as they say. In the past I have set grand goals for the entire year, only to find my attention diverted or my circumstances changed and the goals are either unattainable or immaterial.
Heidi at Red Letter Quilts has issued the OMG challenge (One Monthly Goal) with a linkup at the beginning of the month where I can state my goal and a linkup at the end of the month to report my progress.
- Related to OMG, a second activity will involve stash reduction. I want to take some time each month to re-evaluate, reorganize, and reduce the amount of fabric I have. The more I use, the less I'll have to pack when we move!
- Also related to OMG, I want to address UFOs without setting a particular overall goal for completion. One or two might pop up in a monthly goal from time to time, but I refuse to feel guilty if my children inherit some partially finished projects! However, I will attempt to do something with them, even if it means passing them on to others or completely trashing.
I have recently reduced the number of boxes containing "someday" projects by returning uncut fabric to the shelves. If I ever decide to make those quilts, it might involve some shopping ..... just sayin' ...
- My major goal for the year is to update and improve my blog -- basically freshen it up, add some of my personality to the template, index/tag my posts, and figure out how to do pages. I also want to devote semi-regular times to writing.
Ideally this will also manifest itself in more participation with new linkups, thus reaching a new audience of potential friends. I can't tell you how special my blog relationships are to me.
- Finish assembly of yellow/gray pineapple top, make back, take to LAQ, name and label.
|Yellow/gray exploding pineapple -- needs a name|
- Finish blocks for Geese on the Move, look for appropriate setting/sashing fabric.
- Make 6-8 blue Twinkler Stars for the column-along that Angela at So Scrappy is hosting as part of Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2016.
- Start working on Starfall
|Starfall - needs a name|