Retreatin' and Meetin'
As I suspected, I was not able to connect to the internet last week at Rock Island State Park. Oh, well, there was nothing earth-shaking to report, anyway.
The yellow/gray exploding pineapple that was supposed to be finished on Day 1, took the better part of two days.
It came out to be a nice queen size (I borrowed The Queen's bed -- only one in the cabin -- for this photo shoot). I'm not totally happy with the cornerstones in the border (not shown) -- they're kinda klunky -- so I may rework them. I'll put the back together this week and this will probably be the next thing to go to the LAQ.
With the time left in Day 2, I tried working on RSC16 Twinkler Stars for the column-along, however my Tri-Recs (a/k/a Peaky and Spike, a/k/a V-Block) units were coming out 1/8" too narrow. (Sorry, I forgot to photograph.) I could probably fudge the difference in the seam allowance but I was just so annoyed that despite my careful attention to detail they were not accurate. They NEVER are!!! Am I the only one who despises them???
So I shifted my attention to the borders on Celtic Solstice. (Another lost photo op.) Turns out if I used the narrow light inner border that the pattern called for, the pieced borders would be a block short. I had enough extra fabric to make more blocks but guess what? That pieced border is made from Tri-Recs units and I just wasn't in the mood -- wonder why .....
I decided on Day 3 to start something new. All the pieces for Starfall were cut at Diana's New Year house party so it should have been easy-peasy. Two days later I had only finished 3/4 of the blocks. Granted, I started with the largest and most complex ....
|Starfall - a sampling of Blocks C-A|
The remaining stars have wonky star points so they should go quickly. All the mis-matched size blocks go together with filler rectangles. That one dark grey in the center is not really that dark in real life.
It was a somewhat productive week but, in the end, Geese on the Move never saw the light of day ...
I'm not complaining. It was a wonderful week with great friends. The weather was perfect (and cold). And I was able to get away from the pressures at home for a bit. (MIL is still holding her own, BTW.)
Saturday was a sew-day at the modern guild meeting. I worked on a name tag which I will share with you in another post.
Four weeks coming up with very little on the calendar. Maybe it's time to do some cleaning and organizing in the sewing room ....
Linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times.