Sunday, August 10, 2014

Stash Report and How I Spent My Saturday



I led a class in 4-Patch Posey at a local guild on Saturday.  It was such a delightful day -- so fun to see everyone's excitement as the posies revealed themselves.  Lots of variety in the fabrics yielded amazing results.

Probably the most interesting was this very large-scale dragon.

Pat's Dragon fabric
I felt like there was enough detail in the large areas that the results would be great.  And look!

Dragon Posies
 One fabric I had my doubts about (oh, Me, of little faith!) was a juvenile print with kids holding quilts in it.  I had visions of chopped up faces and legless bodies.  I wish I had taken a picture of her starting fabric because this is what she came out with.



















So sweet!  It will be a child's quilt for a little boy.

Two ladies were using the same paisley fabric -- very vibrant colors and interesting results.

Paisley Posies

This student had a remnant with tightly-packed motifs and a very short repeat (about 6").  She was able to get 4 repeats out of the remnant and created these five blocks.



Some more pretties:

Another Paisley

Posies in Red


Soft and Sweet

In addition to the traditional 4-patch posey, I demonstrated how to do quarter-square triangle posies and mirror-image posies by turning the fabric over.

Mirror-image quarter-square and 4-patch posies

Paislies seem to yield sure-fire success, so as a door prize I gave away 1-1/2 yards of this luscious paisley.




Stash report this week:
     In this Week:            0.0 yards
     Out this Week:          1.5 yards
     In year to Date:         192.5 yards
     Out Year-to-Date:      138.0 yards
     Net Used 2014          -54.5 yards

Linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.