Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Playing Hookey

... Hookie?

That's one of those expressions that makes you wonder where it started ...

Monday was a rainy day, a good day to catch up after a busy weekend -- a turnaround trip to East TN on Friday, setting up handbells on Saturday, early practice and performance at the Sunday service.  I needed to get my quilting mojo back.

But I wasn't yet in the mood to start prepping for the upcoming classes I'll be teaching in Illinois.  Instead, I turned to an easy pattern I'm doing for Son-2 and DIL called "Twist of Lime" (Fons & Porter's Quilting Quickly May/June 2015) using fabrics I picked up in Paducah.

Twist of Lime
My design wall shows up as gray in this photo which actually is where the light gray squares will go.  The pattern is somewhat scrappy in approach, but I wanted a little bit of organization so I planned the dark gray flip'n'sew corners to be consistent in groups of 4.  All the light squares are the same light gray dots on a white ground.  I have a variety of light grays for the alternate squares and I'm now trying to decide if I want them solid also, or in twosies like the upper right, or totally random like the center.  Hmmm ... I think I'm favoring random ...

The light gray squares will have black in the center and the intersections of the light gray and white squares will have lime green squares.  Because of the wide variety of greens I have, I'm thinking I should keep those green corners matching, also.  Which means I need to lay everything out before I can add the green flip'n'sew corners.

Once I work out the details it will be mindless sewing that I can pick up when I get a few minutes or run through as leaders-enders on what I should really be working on -- class samples and step-outs.

I did devote some time yesterday to organizing my trip files, printing GoogleMaps, and loading Gabby the Garmin.  Now it's time to get cracking on triangle log cabins.....


2 comments:

  1. Everything is better with a twist of lime! Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "A Twist of Lime" - I like that Libby! It looks like it is going to shape up to be a great quilt and I love the low volume fabrics you are using.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.