Monday, August 22, 2016

Retreat Time!


Headed out this afternoon for the Smore's summer retreat. After settling in, my first order of business was to trim this beauty:

Pineapple Inside Out
I failed to show this when it came back from the LAQ. I think she did a beautiful job.

Custom corners
Fabulous feathers
I made the binding on the bias to match the borders and got it stitched on, too.


Pineapple Inside Out (Exploding Pineapple)
I also attached binding on this one:


Classic 4-Patch
And finally I cobbled together backs for the recently completed Ohio Watermelon Stars and Chex Mix that I finished in May.

Tomorrow I'll start with borders on three more quilts, then I can get back to Trellis Garden.

I'm off to bed now. Stay tuned for daily updates.












7 comments:

  1. The border on your first quilt is just gorgeous. And the quilting... perfect! You have been one busy quilter already at your retreat! Looking forward to your updates. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ramona. Of course, I didn't go to bed till almost midnight!

      Delete
  2. You will actually be going home from the retreat with finished quilts - congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, finished tops, anyway, and most will have backs and bindings, too!

      Delete
  3. Wow! I hope you stopped for a snack now and then! So much accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on two gorgeous finishes! Love the Pineapple Inside Out. It turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.