Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Greetings from Cedar Lakes

Quilt Camp 2018

Cedar Lakes Conference Center
Unfortunately, we haven't seen this much blue sky since we got here because of mist and rain,
but that is supposed to change today.  And it will be colder, too!

This is the 35th year for this quilt camp which started as more of an "educational seminar" to satisfy the requirements for use of the West Virginia Department of Agriculture that owns and operates these facilities but has now morphed into more of the typical quilt camp with classes.  There is one lady here who has attended every year but one!

I encourage you to check the website for 2019 camps.  Teachers, both local and regional, are outstanding -- they even let me teach a couple of years.  The setting is beautiful and the camaraderie can't be beat.

So what is Ms. Lakeside doing?  For all four days I will be working on a Trudie Hughes pattern, Shadow of the Bearpaw.


I would show you what I accomplished Monday but the pictures haven't downloaded from the Cloud yet.  We worked on the bearpaw border. Since I don't plan to use that border, I hadn't cut any blocks.  Rather than sit idle for a day I decided to make a few, which involved selecting fabric and cutting.  I managed to get 12 BP blocks done which I will find a use for somewhere.  Today we will be making the shadow blocks

Hopefully I'll having something to show tomorrow.



3 comments:

  1. What a lovely pattern! Trudy's long-retired but the shop she established, Patched Works, is still going strong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow! I've never seen this pattern before. Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.