Saturday, October 27, 2018

It's Finally Fall, Y'all

View from my deck


We have watched the leaves change gradually from day-to-day.  
We are not at the "peak" of color, but at a point I can appreciate and anticipate all the changes.

However, on to other things ... I REALLY appreciate all the comments on my last post.  The one comment that intrigued me the most (thank you, Julie Anne) suggested two things -- that I make a table topper (versus a wall hanging that I was focused on) and that I turn the trees so that they all pointed out!  


I have to say that neither of these ideas ever crossed my mind!!!

I have an antique drop-leaf table just inside the front door with a table topper on it.

Not Your Grandmother's Log Cabin Star
This would be the perfect place to use the tree of life!
I can face whatever season to greet our visitors and guests.

I do think I will probably put a 2" sashing in between the blocks, color to be determined.


8 comments:

  1. Your fall color photo is so pretty, Libby! I would never have thought to do what Julie Anne suggested either, but it's a great idea for that spot. Those are amazing blocks - I'm so impressed that you hand-pieced them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fall colors are not here in my neck of the woods. It seems that the leaves are turning brown and falling off the trees. Your trees are so pretty. Love the idea for your tree blocks. Those will look great on your table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are pockets of color around town, but it's still amazingly green in places. Perfect suggestion for the tree of life blocks. Enjoy finishing that project off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your tea table!! Your tree is really lovely, just like your view from the back deck!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I lost a comment, if this duplicates, so sorry!

    Libby, littlepenguin & swooze thank you so much for your kind comments. Libby, I think your entry table will be the perfect place to showcase your sweet darling tree of life quilt.

    I hope you show it on your blog when you get to that point.

    I was reading Lynne over at Patchery Menagerie. Saturday she posted a cartoon about derivative vs creativity. I was feeling derivative, as my quilts generally are. Posting a suggestion that you all liked helps me feel creative.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked the 2nd option from the other post, but I think I might like this even better. With or without sashing would work depending on the size needed. If you go the dashing route, try a cornerstone for the center. LOVE the secondary star effect these trees provide!

    ReplyDelete
  7. we'll get by with a little help from our friends!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.