Saturday, November 16, 2019

Making Headway

Retreat Days 2-3

On Tuesday I worked on Mosaic Mystery. 

Clue 5 - Diagonal Block
After completing most of Clue 5, I attempted to figure out the mystery.  Because my fabrics are all neutrals, my pictures come out looking B/W.  Anyway, I may be way off base, but I like the looks of this.

Possible mystery solution
Wednesday began with more square blocks.

It's Good to be Square
I got about 8 more finished, but quit when I put pieces on the wrong side 4 times in a row!  And I forgot to take a picture.

I moved on to a Chunky Churn Dash, my 2018-2019 UFO that needed borders.

Chunky Churn Dash
CCD is a Bonnie Hunter free pattern that I used over two years of RSC.  I love how it turned out.  I selected a black fabric with stars in all the different colors for the border.


Sadly, my photo of the finished product is still somewhere in the cloud ....  I think it's time I figure out how to delete some stuff from outer space ...

I closed out my retreat time making a bunch of rosebuds for my special project.


Since this is for competition, I eliminated a few where the purple and yellow didn't meet accurately which means I probably have about a dozen more to make.  Back to the cutting board ...


3 comments:

  1. I love the way your neutrals look in the Mystery block. It's subtle but classy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those mosaics look so beautiful. I was thinking that if that is the mystery layout, I should have joined in, but even if it isn't, I could still do it that way! The chunky churndash is great too - the different colorways add so much interest and keep the eyes moving throughout the quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.