Friday, November 22, 2019

Strippies Revisited

I am in the process of revising and updating my strippy quilt lecture to do for our guild some time next year.  So, naturally, I have an eye for appropriate fabric -- as if I need any more!  I snagged this at the silent auction last weekend.


Oh, sorry, it's a little hard to see at that scale.  How about this?


Those flower centers remind me of bird heads.  There were two yards on the bolt with seven of these stripes that measure 6-1/2" .  It's a weird fabric, though -- a twill weave and a sort of light upholstery weight so I'm not sure how it will work in a quilt.  Nevertheless, I have pulled possible fabrics to go with.


My idea is to make flying geese in red, black, tan for the alternate strips. Or stars ...  Stay tuned!

And while you wait ... take a look at my Christmas cactus that I bought at Walmart last year.  I repotted it in the spring and broke it into three separate plants.  It seems to enjoy the room to grow!


8 comments:

  1. I love that fabric - it is so pretty! I have two of the cactus's and a big chunk of one fell off and I have it rooting so I hope it takes - it fell off with blossom buds all over it! the buds have not opened yet but they are still there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your striped fabric is gorgeous! I am really looking forward to seeing what you create with your fabric pull and this beautiful piece. I noticed my Christmas cactus has buds, too. It's so fun when they bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on successfully propagating your Christmas Cactus, Libby! Nice score on that stripe Your fabric pull looks like it's going to make a gorgeous quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you done a variety of strippy quilts? You should show us! I like your fabric pull to go with that strip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great print! I can imagine the swirly "flowers" fussy-cut and used as block centers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that strip and can't wait to see how you do it. I'd be interested to know how that fabric works in a quilt.
    LOVE your Christmas cactus! I used to buy them and had some that lived a few years. Now we have 3 cats and I'm afraid they would chew on them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that strippy fabric! Can't wait to see how you put it all together! Your Christmas cactus looks ready to bust!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's going to be a fun demo quilt. Looks like your Christmas Cactus is right on time with the blooms.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.