Thursday, March 25, 2021

Progress

 It's a week of little bits of this and that.  I have made some progress on Summer Baskets.

As you can see, all nine basket blocks are done, but I'm thinking I should do the fused flowers before I assemble the center.  What do you think?  I have made all four first inner pieced borders.

The second narrow border of the print has been cut, but I hesitate cutting it to length until I have an exact measurement.  The third pieced border is in process.  It has large triangles that will touch that narrow border.  Those are supposed to be cream but I'm thinking about using the print so those have not been cut.  I started cutting some of the fused flowers yesterday and hope to get one finished today.

I also finished the last four Tumbling Triangles blocks ...

... and I have selected the setting fabric.

This project has gone back into the box to be assembled at the next retreat in mid-April.

I really need to get back to the church project, though, and since rain is preventing any outside work today, I have no more excuses ...


8 comments:

  1. Yes, add the flowers to the blocks first. That way if the applique on one doesn't turn out to your liking you don't have to unstitch a block from an assembled top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see your flowers in your baskets. Those blocks are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You made quick work of those blocks and borders, Libby!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is tumbling triangles your design? I’m looking forward to seeing it completed

    ReplyDelete
  5. Backtracking Libby. Love that toile piece you got in the mail and the two projects you are considering, Red 'n Butter was it, so pretty! I can see why you are tempted by the pretty fabric and endless (it seems) equally gorgeous patterns. Meanwhile, I do love these tumbling triangles as well.
    And you have growth in your garden! I will look up lenten roses. We are in the middle of a rain and wind storm, not serious, but will take away the last of the snow. Fingers crossed no more for this season.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you are speedy! I agree, adding the fused flowers before adding the borders might be easier. I love your Tumbling Triangles project. Might have to try that pattern sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello everyone, Are you looking for a professional trader, forex and binary manager who will help you trade and manager your account with good and massive amount of profit in return. you can contact MR. CARLOS ELLISON for your investment plan, for he helped me earned 12,000usd with little investment funds. Carlos Ellison you're the best trader I can recommend for anyone who wants to invest and trade with a genuine trader, he also helps in recovery of loss funds..you can contact him on his Email: carlose78910@gmail.com
    Via whatsapp: (+12166263236)

    I advice you shouldn't hesitate. He's great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi everyone, My name is Jennifer from New Jersey , I saw comments from people who had already got their loan from Anderson Loan Finance. Honestly, I thought it was a scam, and then I decided to make a request based on their recommendations. A few days ago, I confirmed in my personal bank account amounting to $15,000 dollars which I applied for. This is really a good news and I am so very happy that I advise all those who need a real loan and who are sure to reimburse to apply through their email (text or call) +1 719 629 0982. There are sincere loan lenders! They are capable to lend you a loan. Contact Mr Anderson E-mail: andersonraymondloanfinance@gmail.com

    Phone: +1 719 629 0982


    E-mail: andersonraymondloanfinance@gmail.com

    Office address is (68 Fremont Ave Penrose CO, 812400).

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.