Tuesday, March 30, 2021

What a Weekend!

 and More to Come

I should have known with this sunset last Tuesday that a front was moving in.

 

And move in, it did!  The yellow sky on Saturday morning was an omen of things to come.

The early morning severe storms passed us on the west, but this shelf cloud dumped a lot of rain.

We managed to make our Saturday errands in town before the serious rain moved in.  Rain, hail, lightning, wind -- you name it, we had it!  It was so bad that I was up at 3 a.m. on Sunday, unable to sleep.  In the end, we had about 5 inches of rain over two days.  The tip of our dock was under water for most of Sunday.

I know it's hard to see, but the debris shows it was up to the third post.  Thankfully, the house is much higher and we were in no danger of flooding, but I do appreciate those of you who expressed concern. 

On the other hand, our previous community was not so lucky.  You may have seen a couple of people interviewed on The Weather Channel whose homes were flooded again by the Little Harpeth River in Brentwood, TN.  While we lived up the hill from the river, I was blocked from getting home in the 2010 flood because the river was over the only street into the subdivision. 

More rain coming tomorrow. Stay tuned.


5 comments:

  1. Holy smokes that is a lot of rain and I'm so glad you are safe. It's a shame for the folks in your old neighborhood. What a mess of a storm! Stay safe Libby and have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry you have so much water! but glad you didn't flood and are not in danger of it - I like living on top of a ridge for that very reason

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have been hearing about the bad weather you've been having in TN. I'm so glad you are ok, though. This spring has been a doozy for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The view from your home is lovely in all kinds of weather, Libby. SEW glad that you were safe from the flooding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello everyone, Are you looking for a professional trader, forex and binary manager who will help you trade and manager your account with good and massive amount of profit in return. you can contact MR. CARLOS ELLISON for your investment plan, for he helped me earned 12,000usd with little investment funds. Carlos Ellison you're the best trader I can recommend for anyone who wants to invest and trade with a genuine trader, he also helps in recovery of loss funds..you can contact him on his Email: carlose78910@gmail.com
    Via whatsapp: (+12166263236)

    I advice you shouldn't hesitate. He's great.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.