Sunday, March 28, 2021

Table Scraps - Month 3

 While I have been participating in the Table Scraps challenge issued by The Joyful Quilter (read about it here), I have been negligent in reporting my monthly progress -- either I forget that it's the last weekend of the month (January) or I can't get the link to work (February).  Maybe the third month will be the charm.

So forgive me if I repeat but I thought it would help me keep track if I show all that I have finished to date.  The first runner I started at the Rock Island retreat, Liberty Stars, is made from a pattern and doesn't really qualify as scraps as it is cut from yardage.


But all of that is irrelevant because I stalled at the set-in seams and I have yet to get back to it.  In fact, I'm not exactly sure where it is ...

This next one is made from nine orphan Diamonds left over from a wheelchair quilt I made a couple of years ago.  


It stalled when I tried to bind the pointy ends but, eventually, I got bold and cut off the points.  MUCH easier to bind.  While I was unsewing and resewing the binding on the diamonds, I was distracted by another set of orphan blocks.


I think I mentioned before that I designed that block based on the ceiling in a cruise ship lounge.  
I used the same print to back those last two.


This month I assembled partially completed blocks from Moroccan Tile (Jewel Box pattern by Cheryl Phillips), added batting, back, and binding.


The camera angle makes it look more complex than it is.  Each segment is actually identical, all 10 of them!  And look, it has the Rainbow Scrap Challenge color of the month -- green!

I am linking up with Joy at The Joyful Quilter.


4 comments:

  1. SEW glad you made it to the (Link) Party, Libby!! Sorry to hear about the trouble you've had. You've made some really wonderful projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the tan and brown diamond runner - it's a neat design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Trimming those pointy ends both made it easier to bind and made it look fancier, too! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello everyone, Are you looking for a professional trader, forex and binary manager who will help you trade and manager your account with good and massive amount of profit in return. you can contact MR. CARLOS ELLISON for your investment plan, for he helped me earned 12,000usd with little investment funds. Carlos Ellison you're the best trader I can recommend for anyone who wants to invest and trade with a genuine trader, he also helps in recovery of loss funds..you can contact him on his Email: carlose78910@gmail.com
    Via whatsapp: (+12166263236)

    I advice you shouldn't hesitate. He's great.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.