Friday, March 12, 2021

Weekly Update

I have been busy this second week of March.  As I noted in my previous post, I started a new project last week and all I have left is to add the top and bottom borders.

Peak of the Season is a Debbie Caffrey pattern in her book, Delectably Simple Mountains.

I made another table runner from orphan blocks ...


... and lopped off the pointy ends from another table runner ...


I made five blocks for my #5 Smores challenge quilt, Barn Dance -- so named because churn dash is sometimes called "hole in the barn door."  I am going to replace those black corners with churn dash blocks with light background.


And I finished the tops of some paraments for the church.  I will measure the pulpit and lectern today to figure out how they will be hung before I add the back and batting.



PSA:  Don't forget to set your clocks ahead Saturday night!!



4 comments:

  1. You've got some fun projects in the works. Peak of the Season is gorgeous! The pieces for your church are lovely. You've definitely been busy this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always thought to make the mountain blocks but never have - not sure why!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That quilt is going to be spectacular, Libby! Barn dance? Sigh... I started cutting for one of those years ago. The pieces are still stacked in my project center. If I didn't have so many projects on the go, I might have dragged them out and quilted along with you and your S'mores!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The surprise corners in the Barn Dance blocks are great! Lovely parament. Looks as though you're back in action, Libby.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.