Friday, May 21, 2021

Flower Friday

I didn't get my photo to the Pennsylvania Piecemaker in time for Flower Friday, so I want to share my first peony bloom here.

I am happy to report that the fallen tree stumps have been removed, along with a couple of other small trees that were in the way of the stump grinder, and we are making plans for a new and revitalized secret garden.


The highlight of my week was the return to Devo and Sew on Tuesday.  We had a great turnout and it took nearly the full four hours to see all that we had accomplished.  Even in the midst of the pandemic, we were able to provide 35 quilts to comfort and encourage our neighbors.  Many of those went to tornado victims in a nearby county in 2020.

It was a special thrill to have Harriett travel in from Texas (actually it was a coincidence but we think it was a Godwink) and she showed her One-Block Wednesday quilt.


This was a weekly sew-along hosted by Temecula Quilt Company.  Jane lost interest and donated her blocks to Harriett which enabled her to complete a king-size quilt.  I love the way it sparkles.  Often times simplest is bestest.







3 comments:

  1. you have your work cut out for you still in your garden area huh but nice to have the trees out of the way now so you can do the garden and fence work - I'm sure it will be very pretty when done

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful peony bloom (and I spy and iris. too!) Harriett's quilt was a treat to see. It's SEW lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your garden planning! (Your secret garden turned into quite the show-off!)
    (I was going to make a comment about it suddenly flashing the neighborhood, but well...)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.