Thursday, May 20, 2021

Gadgets and Gizmos

 I received the perfect card from GS-1 and GDIL-1 (parents of GGD-1) for Mother's Day --

GDIL is a crafter, so naturally this card caught her eye.  Anyway, it got me thinking about the evolution of sewing gadgets over time.  I'm sure you all have had/used one of these ...

... but how many of you have ever used this (or even know what it is)?

Anyway, I wanted to share a gadget/gizmo that I recently acquired at Mountain Quiltfest in Pigeon Forge, TN.

I have been trying to create a neater workspace next to my comfy chair in the family room and this little gadget has eliminated a pile of containers for this and that.  Some of my friends have a larger version that they keep next to their sewing machine, but I thought the compact version made more sense for my chairside equipment.

I'm not sure what the golf tee has to do with anything, but it fit in one of the slots!



5 comments:

  1. Before quilting I sewed clothing for my 4 kids. I know what kind of scissors those are - buttonhole scissors. I still have my pair around here somewhere.
    Marlene
    marlene@coveredinstitches.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet card, Libby! Regarding your new gadget holder... a lime green one of those came in that big prize basket that I won at the end of last year. Interesting scissors, but I have no idea what that screw is for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a neat storage gadget, Libby! Perfect for the spot you're describing - I have a spot next to my chair just like that. And the golf is just to remind you to get out and play once in awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your little chairside gadget holder. I have the larger one next to my sewing machine. Here's what to do with the golf tee: Take a bottle cap like from a 2-liter bottle and make a pincushion out of it with fabric, and batting for stuffing. Glue the fabric covered stuffing in securely. Then glue the golf tee to the bottom of the bottle cap so the pincushion will stand up in your caddy. Very handy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having been a custom seamstress in my 20s I used my buttonhole scissors all the time. I probably still have a couple of them. I never had a tomato pin cushion though. There might have been one in the house when I was growing up but Mother only mended so it would have been put away.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.