Friday, September 3, 2021

Life's a Bear

 I'll be heading off to Cindy Williams' LAB retreat later this month and with other travel intervening, I've pretty much got myself organized in advance -- totally not my style!  There will be two projects taught this year: Woven Log Cabin and Feathered Lone Star.

With so many UFOs and WIPs, the last thing I need is a new project.  Instead I will be doing my own thing, but sticking with the theme.  See On the Fence?

It has woven elements similar to the log cabin project.  And I am replacing the star with a re-run of the feathered star I made in Cindy's class a couple of years ago.  But what about the Lone Star?

I will try to finish Summer Solstice, a Judy Neimeyer project I started about four years ago.  The New York Beauty blocks are all done, but I had hesitated at paper piecing the lone star when I had learned an easy strip piecing method on another project.  So I will be strip piecing that part.

5 comments:

  1. I have a Judy Neiymeyer kit sitting on my shelf for 2 or 3 years now - determined to make it but have never had the time it seems - next year will be the year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are just way too many fun quilt designs to try in our lifetimes, aren't there! I like all four of those. But I think the one that appeals the most is your On the Fence. Have fun, whatever you work on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you've got some fun and challenging projects lined up! Have fun, and safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those class projects look really interesting, but I applaud you for subbing in some UFOs, as opposed to starting something new. Good thinking, Libby!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.