Wednesday, September 29, 2021

One Block Wonder Redux

I go downstairs periodically and rearrange my OBW blocks.  I'm striving for a diagonal with the "heaviest" blocks from upper right to lower left.  I'm getting close ...

Maybe a few more visits to the sewing room and I'll be ready to start assembly.  If you have suggestions (not you, Joy), don't hold back.

I appreciate all your concern about my "headache" in my previous post.  I should explain that an ocular migraine, though it may accompany a migraine headache (and I've had my monthly share of those!), is a separate thing and does not hurt.  It causes a peripheral pattern around the vision -- in my case usually a zig-zag B/W pattern in the left eye -- that is just annoying more than anything else and is primarily caused by eye strain.

6 comments:

  1. I’d place the lighter of the heavy blocks to the left of the heavy ones to give an illusion of being on top. So switch from right to left. I think it will add to the layer

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad would get ocular migraines and would say the same thing. They were annoying. I, on the other hand, get headache migraines, too. I like where your OBW is headed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so interesting to see what you're doing with those, Libby! How do you finish the edges of a quilt like this?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy seeing the blocks up close...lovely stitching and joining up all those points in the center. Meanwhile, the first time my brother got an ocular migraine, he thought he had a brain tumour and went to the er. He was so relieved to find out what it was!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gee thanks, Lib! Why don't I get a say??? :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. A few days late, but....I think upper left to lower right would be more effective.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.