Tuesday, December 7, 2021

In the Studio

 I've been trying to spend some time in the sewing room every day lately.  And here's what I have to show for it:

Clue 6 for Macaron Mystery -- thirteen square-in-a-square units -- done!

Plus, I re-made the flying geese from Clue 4 with the correct background fabric!

Though I still have some trimming to do on those geese.

And while this photo doesn't show it, all of the rows in RSC-19-20-21 Sister's Choice are assembled.

Just a few long seams to go and it will be ready for borders (my least favorite chore).

I also did a test run (no photo) for a class I will be teaching in February to be sure the fabric quantities I have listed in the pre-class preparations are correct.  And, in between, I've been stitching leftover 2.5" squares into 4Ps.

We had some delightfully warm weather last week which gave the contractors an opportunity to get closer to the finish line.  Since they worked long after dark on Thursday, they took Friday off and we were able to enjoy our afternoon libation al fresco.

After a very rainy Monday, we were rewarded with a beautiful sunset.


6 comments:

  1. your deck is looking amazing - I will be so envious when you enjoy it in the spring when the bugs can't get through the screens!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your fabric combinations for the Macaron Mystery! Are the dots a red and black combo? So great that you can enjoy your outdoor space even in December - it's looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to set some goals for myself once my hidey hole is finished. I’m afraid I’m going to want to work on everything at once. You have some pretty things happening in your sewing room! And your screen porch looks so inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see that you raided your deep stash for those square-in-a-square units, Libby. Nice work (and congratulations on getting to enjoy the deck on Friday, along with that glorious sunset on Monday!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quite the beautiful fresco there to enjoy your drink! Awesome spot, Libby.
    Wow, you have been quite busy...so much sewing of beautiful blocks. Sounds very satisfying to be so productive. And what lovely temps too. All Good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful deck and view. Great setting for your RSC blocks.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.