Wednesday, January 5, 2022

The Deck

Bet you've been wondering ...

All that is left are the gutters that will catch the drainage from between the decking boards.  Weather permitting, that will happen this week.  But that has not prevented our enjoying the outdoor space.  Temps were in the 70s on New Year's Day and we entertained several of our neighbors out there.

It was a bit breezy so we lowered the screen in the back of the photo.  It did a great job of cutting the breeze without restricting visibility.  I had to practically drag everyone back in to eat the chili and pot pie I had prepared for the occasion.  The party broke up just as the rain started Saturday evening.

It rained most of Sunday and Monday morning we woke to this ...

With the unseasonably warm temperatures this fall, our plants are confused.

Daffodils are popping up all over the place and several trees are starting to bud. More snow is in the forecast for tomorrow.  As long as it's not icy, I think the daffs will survive.

With questionable road conditions in parts of the county, Devo and Sew was cancelled on Tuesday so I went down to the studio instead and reconstructed my red Scrap Magnet block.

I have clarified my notes to myself about strip piecing so next month's block should go a little better.


6 comments:

  1. So is your screen on rollers that you can pull up or down depending on if you want them in use? The sections look so large - curious. The snow totally missed us.
    Last week I was putting up new bird feeders and found I needed to watch were I was stepping as daffodils were popping up - they are confused.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your deck looks great! How nice that you were able to christen it on New Years Day. I really like your scrappy block. These blocks will make an awesome quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From an outdoor gathering on the deck to snow is a big change! No wonder the plants are confused. Looks like the deck will be a very enjoyable place! I love those Scrap Magnet blocks - such a great design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great space! Hopefully you'll get to sit and stitch or read when spring gets here. I'm ready for spring. I'm already sick of the cold!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your new deck! I hope you get lots of enjoyment from it. Great block, I can see why it's called a Scrap Magnet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This block is so beautiful in the reds, Libby. Thanks for showing photos of your gathering on that beautiful deck...it sounds so nice, laid back and everyone comfortable. Your weather do seem to be all over the place whereas ours is consistently colder now. The daffodils can withstand snow but freezing rain have killed mine in the past.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.