Monday, January 3, 2022

Starting the New Year - Rainbow Scrap Challenge

I have five -- yes, FIVE -- RSC projects planned for 2022.  Granted, two of them never made it to the finish line (or really past January) in 2021, but I have been inspired by a couple of new opportunities and, if I keep up month-to-month, the goal should be reachable.

First is Square Dance which may date back to 2020.  I had a number of blocks made, and enough black squares for at least 11 more so this morning I whipped up these two:

I was inspired by Chaser, one of Cynthia Brunz Mixology series, and these were a fast fix: 

As I wrote a few posts ago, my primary RSC goal this year is going to be Labor Day Madness from the Nickel Quilts book.  After streamlining the cutting and construction process, I am happy to show my first block:

The exciting part about LDM is that the construction of the compound HST units creates a second set that "spin" in the opposite direction and those will go into Pinwheel Madness:

My fifth project is Scrap Magnet -- I made good headway on it today, but I misread my notes on the pattern and need to do a little reverse sewing. 

We had a bit of snow overnight and Devo has been cancelled for Tuesday, so I may have more time in the studio to get a firm plan in place.


9 comments:

  1. I'm not sure how many RSC projects I will do this year but I too am thinking about 4 or 5 of them - I find I make good progress and keep at them much better than the other quilts I make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to see you back in the RSC mode! Beautiful quilts are made, and it's fun to check out other people's projects at the Saturday link-up. That's pretty neat that the Labor Day Madness pattern makes two sets of blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those are great projects! The Chaser block by Cynthia Brunz is on my back-up list (projects that may start mid-year if others finish up). I love the double pinwheels! Good to have you back with us, Libby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of them are going to be great scrap busters. Looking forward to seeing your progress each week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, two quilts from one set of scraps? I really like LDM and Pinwheel Madness. Looking forward to whatever Scrap Magnet happens to be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did a Chaser quilt last year for RSC. I love those Scrap Mixology patterns. Your LDM block is super cute & who can resist a bonus block?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a good plan for RSC22, Libby. You made a great start on RED!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! The Square Dance and pinwheel blocks really caught my eye. I may have to give those Square Dance blocks a try.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.