Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Quilt Camp

It was a long day's drive to quilt camp in Ripley, WV Sunday, but my two friends (new campers) and I made it without incident.  Getting settled in was a different matter as the conference center staff is short-handed and not all the classrooms were ready.  

But the skies were clear and bright so we had little to complain about, unlike this crow/raven ...

We finally got ourselves installed, had dinner, went to assembly, and crashed.  The moon was still high Monday morning when I got to the Craft House where my class is being held.

I am teaching Log Cabin Star, a 60-degree log cabin table topper by Marci Baker and Sara Nephews.  I have a small class of nine, which is good since three of them are very new quilters.  We are in a bright room with a table per person, unlike some of the other classes.

The class continues today and I have high hopes for many to get all their blocks done and wedges together by day's end.



4 comments:

  1. What I wouldn't give to be there learning from you Libby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're having a great teaching day today! Looking forward to seeing what your students create.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know your class was a success. Hope you had fun!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.