Friday, November 11, 2022

Good Intentions

In spite of all my good intentions to blog more frequently, life keeps getting in the way.  On Monday afternoon, while continuing with the studio reorganization that I planned to blog about, I discovered that the S'mores retreat was scheduled to start Tuesday (as in "next day") rather than next week like my calendar indicated!  Thankfully I had already selected projects to work on and started assembling meals and snacks.  

I quickly loaded up my best machine and staged a number of items at the foot of the stairs for DH to carry up for me.  In a wakeful period Tuesday morning, the thought occurred to me that I had not packed the tool box with the machine.  So at 1:30 a.m. I trundled downstairs to get it.  Good thing I did because I also saw that I had not packed the power tower OR the power cord to the machine!

Nevertheless, I managed to get to Sally's house down the street only 30 minutes later than our planned 6 a.m. departure for the drive to Loucon Camp and Retreat Center in Leitchfield, KY.  No trip to Loucon is complete without at least one stop at Whittle's Fabrics.

If you don't know about Whittle's, you need to.  Their fabric prices are low and their customer service is unparalleled.  They stock many well-known brands, including a nearly complete line of Grunge, as well as Aurifil thread and Bernina machines. I was very reserved and only bought 2 yards of a beige Grunge ($9.95/yd) to use as a sashing in a current project.

Tuesday afternoon I worked on my RSC project Hope of Hartford (formerly known as Labor Day Madness).  Thank you, Nann, for telling me the block name.

I spent Wednesday finishing my Christmas Strippy throw.

Thursday was devoted to another project worthy of it's own post, so stayed tuned ...

3 comments:

  1. I have not heard of Whittles and will check them out. So good that you discovered you had not packed the power cord!! Hope you had fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lot of fun, even if it was unexpected! I love your Christmas stripey quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing like have to switch gears at the last moment. At least it was for something fun. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.