Sunday, April 16, 2023

Losing the Verve

I never could pronounce "vivre" (as in joie de vivre)!  Well, apparently I've lost it -- at least temporarily.  As chairman of the worship committee at church managing all the Holy Week activities, the wind definitely went out of my sails.  

BUT, I had a birthday last week so DH and I made a romantic getaway to the mountains of North Georgia for a few days of R'n'R.  We visited three state parks and one national forest, hiked a few miles at each, saw lots of waterfalls ...

... tasted wine at two wineries, got back to the inn in time to watch women's college gymnastics and golf on the communal big screen TV, slept like rocks in the mountain air ... I think I am revived and ready to get back in the groove.  

Third week of the month is always a busy one, lots of meetings, but I hope -- no PLAN -- to get some sewing done.  


7 comments:

  1. looks like you had fun - I would want to quit all the meetings and just quilt LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, Libby!!! Sounds like a wonderful trip. SEW glad to hear that you are feeling recharged!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Libby! Great tripped to get recharged! I hope you do get time to sew because your work really inspires us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Libby! That looks like a beautiful spot for a fun getaway. We all need that now and then!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Belated Happy Birthday Libby. What a wonderful way to celebrate...out in the fresh air in beautiful surroundings. Loved the photo of you two.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday, Libby! (The more birthdays you have the longer you'll live.) What a great time of year to get away--before the "summer complaints" throng the highways and the pathways and before the bugs come out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your getaway sounds wonderful - so glad you got to do all that!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.