Thursday, February 22, 2018

A Busy and Productive Week

Two Retreats - Back-to-Back

Last weekend I spent two days with the Music City Modern Quilters at a nearby state park.  Aside from having a lot of fun, I managed to finish one project.

Top Notch Diamonds
I also got three-quarters of the way into assembling Starfall, which I had started in January 2017.   I put the finishing touches on it at the Nuts and Bolts retreat in Kentucky this week.

Starfall
Quite a departure from my usual, huh?  A lot of bright scraps went into this one!

An oldie-but-goodie made an appearance; I call this one Sunflower Braid.  

Sunflower Braid
The braid was started in a Power Cutting class with Debby Caffrey many years ago and stayed in the box until I finally found a suitable fabric to be the separator strip.  I'm not sure if I will add anything to the top and bottom.

My last near-finish is Eventide, a Miss Rosie pattern that quite a few folks were working on several years ago.

Eventide
The colors are a lot more subtle than what shows in this photo.  The pattern calls for another column of Ohio stars on each side. I have the blocks made; I just ran out of time as I had to head home early.  More on that later.

While I have your attention, let me remind you about a mystery block quilt-along I will be hosting next month.  Check back here this Saturday to get the details!




13 comments:

  1. I am amazed at how much you accomplish at your retreats. You have some great quilts in the works here! Star falling is my favorite....all of those bright fabrics. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite a mixed bag of quilts, isn't it? I guess you can say I have eclectic taste!

      Delete
  2. You got a lot done! All of your quilts are beautiful. My favorite is Star Falling. It's a very dynamic quilt with lots of the unexpected. Very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! Your retreats were great for you, getting so much accomplished. Love all your projects. Gonna all be beauties when they're done. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got a lot done at your retreats, Libby! I like them all - it's so much fun to work on all different kinds of quilts. I'm definitely intrigued by your mystery block project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really rock a retreat!
    (I'm really looking forward to the mystery!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great assortment of quilts. I love every single one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky you, going to two retreats. The Starfall quilt is terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  8. these quilts are all amazing! Quilt on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you get that much done at a retreat I think need one!! Congrats!

    Looking forward to the mystery! I just need to remember to come visit for clues!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You accomplished a tremendous amount of beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Lib!! Those are ALL fantastic!!! Off to check out the mystery...

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.