Monday, February 26, 2018

House Update

Well, we're now the proud owners of a second home!  

Lake Dartmoor
I guess I'll need to change the name of my blog to Life on the Lake!

Mr. Hillside drove a rental van full of books, fabric, and a few furniture pieces while I drove my van loaded with project boxes, fabric shelving, and sewing equipment/supplies left over from last week's retreats.  As soon as all the documents were signed we started moving in.

Yay, Comcast!
His first order of business was getting cable and wifi installed.  A few pieces of furniture came with the house, that bar the TV is sitting on included.  But not the pontoon boat in the lake picture!

My first order of business was checking out the view from my sewing room.


All the daffodils were in bloom throughout the garden and I can see a few irises peeping up next to the step.

We had a couple of near-catastrophes that were quickly resolved by the local utility and a plumber.

While we had great plans for getting my fabric unloaded so that we can reuse the boxes, it turns out we forgot to pack the shelf support brackets!  Oh, well, a task for next weekend when we return with more of my sewing (s)crap.

10 comments:

  1. Fabulous! That view from the sewing room might be a bit distracting! Good luck with the moving, and may it go swiftly and smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you!!! Beautiful view, not sure how much sewing you will get done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Libby, this is just so beautiful. We had looked at a property on a lake for our real home and were so tempted. You will never tire of those views and I hope you enjoy it for many happy years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Libby! That is quite a view. Your backyard is beautiful as well. I hope your move goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS! LOOKS JUST BEAUTIFUL

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a beautiful view! Once you get the moving finished there will be lots to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful view to see while you are sewing. Congrats on such a wonderful 2nd home. How far from your 1st home are you in driving time?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous view! Moving is always such a hassle, hope you've seen the worst of the catastrophes and everything goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so awesome!!! What a beautiful place

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, this looks wonderful. I hope that view proves inspiring, though I might just sit all day staring out the window!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.