Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Squared Away - Block 2

in Blue

Mari at The Academic Quilter is hosting a sampler BOM quilt-along 
to accompany the Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2018.

As I mentioned in a recent post, I did January's block in February's color.

Red Cross in Purple
So February's block should be in January's color, light blue.  
Well, after someone commented on the saturated jewel tones on this block, 
I decided all of my sampler blocks would be in jewel tones.  
So I did February's block in dark blue.

Wishing Ring in blue
I am making the 10" size which, so far, is working well with my collection of 2-1/2" strips. 
I can cut the HSTs from them using the Easy Angle ruler.  
(Bonnie Hunter's Essential Triangle Tool would also work for this.)

I will be linking with Angela at soscrappy when the weekend rolls around.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure what happened with my first comment, but thought I'd start over! Your block looks great in jewel toned blue, Libby! I really like the background fabric, too - there's your perfect light blue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some fabulous purples! I love both blocks - jewel tones make me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful blocks! Jewel tones are so fun to sew with and you are going to have a beautiful gem of a quilt when you are done (sorry couldn't help the pun).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Squared Away Jewels? I think I like it. You blocks certainly are pretty!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.